Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back in Delhi

I had a good flight from Kokata to Delhi this morning. All of my travels have been good with very little trouble along the way. For this I am grateful.

This has been a full day of making stops around town to pick up items people had requested back home. I didn't shop much in Kolkata when others did, because I knew I was coming back here for that purpose.

My flight leaves at 12:50 a.m. on the 28, so I am working on getting a good nights rest tonight before the journey home. I arrive home at 4:00 p.m. with a nine and a half hour time change. It should be an interesting trip.

I mentioned a meal in Kolkata in another post. Today I have eaten in a different style of restaurant. South Indian with the food being cooked right out front. A great "Thali" or plate of food for a little over a dollar. It was spicy and very tasty.

Tonight I ate Dahl (lentels) and Rhoatee - a flat bread cooked dry on a hot piece of iron. The bread came piping hot from the kitchen. It was very good. This meal brought with it many memories of childhood here in India.

I am grateful to still speak one of the languages of India. The one waiter and I talked off and on through out the meal. We know each other fom previous visits here. We also enjoyed watching a football (soccer) match between the India and Sri Lanka National teams being played right here in New Delhi.

That is it for now. My next post will likely be from the States or while travelling there if something of note takes place. Blessings.

No comments: